--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <wayback71@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Steve, I was asking why fight unfairly which only makes matter
> > > worse.
> >
> > Seems like you haven't noticed the *extreme* unfairness
> > with which Curtis fights.
>
> Judy, you are one of the very few people here on FFL who think
> that Curtis "fights" unfairly.  I mean look around........  I
> am sure you are convinced of this, but others are not.

There's at least six people, regulars, strong contributors,
on the record to this effect, Susan, plus three who haven't
said this specifically but clearly don't trust him, plus
another very strong contributor who hasn't been around for
a while. Entirely possible there are others who don't dare
speak up.

Yes, he has his fans, no question about that. Some of them
don't exactly have a reputation for fairness themselves.
The rest, IMHO, aren't terribly perceptive.

> > You can't judge fairness without reference to reality,
> > Share. You can't judge it if you're blinded by your
> > biases. You can't judge it if you spend your time
> > wandering around in a self-created fairyland.
>
> > If there's a dispute, you can't judge the fairness
> > quotient fairly unless you can evaluate the fairness
> > on both sides without bias. You can't make assumptions
> > that the person in the dispute you like is never unfair
> > simply because you like him. You have to be willing to
> > look closely enough to make sure you've got the full
> > picture.
> >
> > Otherwise *you* aren't being fair.
>
> I know you pride yourself on your being unbiased.  But I also
> think that your focus on detail means that you sometimes miss
> the "gist" or bigger picture.

You know, Susan, there are details that aren't significant,
and then there are details *on which the big picture is
based*. When those are wrong, it can seriously distort the
big picture. I may be "missing" the big picture *you* see
because I'm aware that it's based on faulty details. I may
even be seeing a different big picture that's based on
accurate details.

Yes, sometimes it's a judgment call. Let me know whenever
you think I'm focusing on an insignificant detail and
missing the big picture, and we can talk about it.

> And that results in your feeling outraged that others don't
> see things your way. They see the big picture that you can
> overlook, you see the errors in details that they overlook.
> I think it helps to remember that there is not much in life
> that is black and white, right and wrong, good and evil.
> There is lots of gray.  Maybe your role is to see things in
> black and white and to be sure details are correct, but it
> is a tough road to run along.

That's pretty funny, Susan. In fact, I see more shades of
gray than most people here *because I look at the details*
as well as the big picture. And the shades-of-gray road
is much tougher to run along than the black-and-white
road--lots of bumps and dips and twists and turns.

You're just mouthing lazy platitudes because you don't
follow what goes on here that closely, but you're eager
to defend Curtis, and they're handy.