> Just back from writing group.  Sorry for delay.

SHARE: Robin, I think in our previous upset there were mistakes on both sides.

ROBIN:What mistakes, Share? Could you please itemize these mistakes? I would be
very interested in the particulars here. Lay out the mistakes in detail for me.
I recall only one mistake: your interpreting my self-deprecation as
insulting--which, in one sense, was my fault, because I thought my
qualification was obvious: you took a certain meaning from that parenthetical
comment--and you turned it into some campaign against me--as if I had
deliberately set out to hurt you. You were mistaken, gravely, mistaken in
assuming that this what was I was doing. But, whereas I owned up to the
possible ambiguity of my language, you insisted on remaining vehemently
attached to your original interpretation, since to let go of that original
interpretation, seems to constitute, at least for you, an act of
self-abandonment, an experience of intolerable vertigo.

SHARE: Both our hearts were hurt and or embittered.

ROBIN: I was never hurt or embittered, Share. What the fuck are you talking
about? This compulsive drive for metaphysical and moral and psychological
EQUIVALENCE dominates you, Share--and while I must believe the cause of this is
something tremendous, the consequence this has in your assessment of reality
and what is going on when there is tension and difference between human
persons, is fatal. You are a pitiable in your violent escapism, Share. Ann
addressed you in the most loving but challenging way. And what did you do? You
ran away and hid inside your New Age dogma.

Nothing has ever embittered me in my entire life, Share. I have not been "hurt"
by you. I have been, I admit, seriously nonplussed and stupefied; but for you
to characterize my response to you--whether on FFL or offline--as being "hurt
and or embittered", this is a falsification of reality, it is a falsification
of your experience. You want to remake reality in the image of what you must
have it be for you, Share. Do you not care about what reality is asking of you
as to how you *should* interpret reality?

Share, I am sorry, but you have recreated reality out of the extremity of your
own needs. Do not tell me I am hurt and or embittered. I certainly know what it
is like to be hurt, but I believe that in every instance, I have brought this
on myself. No one has ever hurt me as such. I have been hurt by how I have hurt
myself, and in some cases, how I have hurt other persons. I did not hurt you,
Share. Or, at least, once I explained myself, you should have allowed the
effect of that explanation to contest in your heart with your assumed
understanding of what I did in the one--loving--post when you first read it.

SHARE:  With that in mind, I'm saying that from my perspective, the scales are
balanced.

ROBIN: If an elephant was on one end of the scale and a mouse on the other end,
you would insist that the scales were balanced, Share. Why don't you just
banish death, Share--and all unhappiness--and all war--and all suffering--and
all disease? You will only get the scales balanced, Share, when you are
prepared to see life as it wants you to see it. This you refuse to do. So you
are out of balance.

SHARE: Can we wipe the slate clean and begin again?   Why not let hearts begin
to be healed?

ROBIN: Let us allow reality to do to us what it wants to do, Share. You cannot
by personal fiat make reality conform to your needs such as to have it not be a
certain way. I am repeating myself. If you ever summon up the courage to be
honest and sincere about your own pain and the complexity of what it means to
be a human being, Share, then I will meet you half-way. Then perhaps you will
have something to teach me. Then we can ask for the grace which created us to
heal us. But until you meet some minimal standard of reality-contact, I must,
for your sake, resist your entreaties here, because whatever peace and
tranquility you are seeking, it is utterly false--because it is entirely
constructed out of your own subjectivity. Ann has written you a post that,
taken in context, presents you with everything you need to know. That is, in
what she is asking you to think about.