--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@...> wrote:

> Directions: Answer True or False or Can't Decide (CD). 1 point for T; -1
> point for F; 0 for CD
>
> 1. I seek a truth beyond merely my own subjective comfort.

T and F. Depends upon the nature of the circumstance, the context, how invested
I am in putting energy into it. But generally I welcome the opportunity to
discover truth in all things, truth being something powerful, right,
transformative and positive.

> I . I like to know what is right, not just that I am right.

True, without a doubt I am a great fan of "right".

> 3. I force myself to look at different points of view other than my own, in
> order to test out the truth of my own point of view.

T and F. It is not always necessary to 'force' this, it is something I welcome,
the opportunity to measure my sense of truth against that of others. More
revelation, more chances to be transported outside oneself.

> 4. My conscience is a friendly personal faculty for me. I trust it.

T. Absolutely and completely. It is a gift, a sense of knowingness that goes
beyond myself. It is God-given.

> 5. I have known what it means to have sacrificed myself in my love for
> another person.

T. And also for other creatures, four-footed as well as two. Sacrifice not
being debilitating or sapping. Sacrifice being beautifully hard, challenging,
burning but ultimately purifying. You come out clean afterwards.

> 6. It is meaningful for me, the connection between humility and a certain
> kind of (secular) grace.

Not sure. Humility is not so familiar for me. I can be humbled by circumstance,
driven downward and inward. Humiliated even. But the connection to grace is not
clear to me.

> 7. I think sometimes it is appropriate and desirable to contemplate the fact
> that I must die someday.

T. I obsess on it at times. Morbidly, fearfully and sometimes more objectively.
'Desirable' not sure, necessary - absolutely. Life and death intertwined, both
present simultaneously at times.

> 8. I have known that it can be liberating to discover I was wrong about
> something--something which went directly to my sense of how confident I was
> that I was right.

Grudgingly T. Not good yet at admitting I was/am wrong. Not great at
apologizing, getting better.

> 9. I find that my first person perspective is not rigidly fixed, that life,
> experience, persons, can bring about adjustment and adaptation and even
> change in my first person perspective.

T and F. Certain things I hold quite staunchly as fixed - certain values,
ideas, principals but I can and have adapted, over time. I have changed but I
feel there have been absolutes for me in my perspective and I can not conceive
of these certain things changing.

> 10. When I post something on FFL, I believe that I am doing something that in
> the end is positive.

T and F. Depends. Sometimes I just want to counteract something that needs
counteracting. To think it results in positivity is to give myself perhaps more
credit than I deserve. But I do not seek to increase negativity at FFL, not at
all. I do not ever intend to encourage ignorance or cruelty here or anywhere
else.

> 11. I judge myself to be an honest person, and I am confident if there is
> some kind of judgment at the end of my life, this estimation of myself will
> hold true.

Not sure. I hope I am honest, I attempt to be honest but I am also
self-serving. But the final judgement, if there is one, by something or
someone, is beyond my estimation. I do not live to accumulate brownie points, I
just live. If it ends up good enough in the end, then wonderful, I would love
to think that could be so.

> 12. I like being the person that I am.

T. I love it.

> 13. I know the sensation of being sincere and innocent in my experience of
> myself and in my actions.

T. Sincere most definitely. Innocent? Hmmm, if one feels innocent then how
innocent can one really be?

> 14. It feels good to try to be fair and impartial in my judgments of an issue.

T. Yes, yes, yes.

> 15. If I appeared in a novel as myself, I would like this character.

Not sure, but people seem to like me so maybe if I could step outside I would
like me too.

> 16. I think some persons are more objective and accurate in their approach to
> interpersonal relationships than others.

T.

> 17. I feel I could send myself up ironically if I had to.

T. Happy to do so at any time.

> 18. I think I see my faults and my weaknesses as well as anyone else sees
> them (in me).

I don't think I am the best one to judge this. I am, after all, coming from a
very subjective place! I would not presume to say this is the case. So I would
have to give myself a False on this.

> 19. I like thinking about the strongest way of presenting the argument of an
> adversary of mine.

Not sure about the meaning of this. Can you say this more clearly?

> 20. I have suffered in my life, but some of that suffering has been very
> meaningful to me.

True, true and true.