Again, very nice, Khazana. You have a very cut-to-the-chase, "Just the
facts, ma'am" style of reportage that appeals to me, and that allows me
to feel the place more than I feel you. That's a compliment. Thanks for
relating your adventures to us.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, khazana108 <no_reply@...> wrote:
> <snip previous installment>
> I left the bus, there was a small road going somewhere. I asked people
> and everyone pointed to this road.  I bought a chai and some water,
> realizing that I still have to walk a bit. Soon I was out of the small
> village where the bus had stopped, and I was definitely in rural
India.
> The men wear all  lungis, many walked barefoot, afair only one car
> passed by while I was walking, other traffic consisting of motor
bikes,
> cycles, tractors and some lorries. Whenever I asked somebody it was
one
> km and keeping straight. Sometimes it got 2 kms.
>
> After maybe 2 thirds of the way, an old man on a bicycle stopped, I
> asked him Vallalar, Mettu Kuppam? he was nodding, and still waiting.
> Finally I realized that he wanted to give a lift to me. So, we went
the
> last bit together, and he would bring me straight to the temple,
slowly
> moving. There was another temple in the front, but we went around it,
> the backside, and there was a courtyard, with a big hall. We stopped
> there and he guided me, after washing hands and feet, we entered the
> temple, where a big flame was kept within a glass box, the eternal
> flame, symbol of the grace light. A priest was there performing some
> prayers, making a kind of an Aarati, all in Tamil, I prostrated and
then
> asked my guide, where is the door, the place, where he left the
physical
> dimension. As I couldn't talk in Tamil, I simply asked 'Kamera
Samadhi',

[http://distilleryimage7.s3.amazonaws.com/daa143fa0d5411e2973e22000a1de2\
\
> 9b_7.jpg]
>
> I prostrated, and he showed me another place, next to it at the wall,
> where a few flowers were laying and a darker spot at the wall
indicated
> that people touched this spot with their hands or put their hands
there.
> I prostrated again, thanked the man, and sat on the floor to meditate
> their. This was the purpose of my visit, to see the place and meditate
> there. The old man prostrated himself and left.  I had a beautiful
> meditation. Other people came, some very old women, some younger well
> do family it seemed, everybody doing the same, prostrating in one way
or
> the other, some would just sit down like myself and pray or meditate.
>
> The meditation was nothing extraordinary, it was just a beautiful
> meditation. After I felt I was done, I prostrated again, made some
> photos, and went out, when my friend A. phoned. A is a friend, I
> nowadays meet each time I go to India. He lives in Pondicherry since
30
> years, but he is Italian. A lot of the information I have about India
> have from him, he also gave me the info about this place. This time we
> missed, while I was in Pondy he had just traveled to Bangalore, and
from
> there would go to the place I was just coming from. I told him that I
> had made the way just by bus, right to the village, and that I liked
it.
> He was still in Bangalore, and it was possible, we could still meet up
> there - we finally did. I went back to the temple. The people from
> Bangalore were there who had passed us by in the car, the only car I
saw
> on the way. The young man had an Auroville T-shirt. The would buy
> several books in Tamil, life-stories and poems of  Vallalar, small
> photos they could distribute. I bought a small photo and the priest
went
> to bring a small brochure in English, that was all they had in
English.

[http://distilleryimage6.s3.amazonaws.com/a9f6c0d60d5411e299e022000a1e8a\
\
> c3_7.jpg]
>
> The sanctuary inside was closed, and I decided not to wait till it
opens
> again, and just sat for a few moments to go back. It was getting dark.
> From the main street, I could get the bus back to Cuddalore, from
there
> back to Pondy.  The bus to Cuddalore was full, a man with his son sat
> next to me, who started to play with my nose. For Indian kids, we
> westerners are very interesting, they easily make contact. Maybe our
> white skin, our body size. Finally, I took the bus to Pondy, I had put
> my bicycle at a place near the main bus stop, paid there,  had some
> food, and went home just before 10 pm, where I had left around seven
in
> the morning.
>
> On the next day, I would go to the Matri Mandir again, this time
> meditate in the main chamber, with the large spheric Christal in the
> center, and I would repeat this the following day.
>

> I spend two more days in Pondy, then went with a night luxury bus to
> Bangalore, where I had reserved a room not far from the main bus
stand,
> Majestic. There I would see my friend A. We went together to our
> favorite Dargah, Tawakkal Masthan ( a Sufi sanctaury)
> a Hindu  Amba temple in Rhajastan style, and finally a Jain temple,
The