> Although there are friends who used to do TM who don't anymore and
> still live in Fairfield - those are the ones I really don't
> understand.

I take it you haven't been here in a long time, because FF has blossomed into a
very cool community that has a lot more to offer than just a place to do group
meditation. Low crime. Low cost of living. Unbelievable access to broadband
Internet (c'mon, how many small towns have 100 mbps fiber optic to the home?) A
remarkably rich cultural life. And, best of all, a community spirit where
people join together to do good things in the community, like upgrading the
community indoor pool's filtration, a community supported low-power FM station,
a convention center, and the soon to be Quiet Zone (no more train whistles
through town). Just today, it was announced that the community is going to form
a non-profit to upgrade and reopen the recently closed movie theater. Fairfield
fucking rocks!