--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "marekreavis" <reavismarek@...> wrote:

> Robin, neither do I desire to discuss my own failings on
> this forum, whether real, imagined, or contrived.

Sorry to involve you in this rap even indirectly,
Marek, but this comment really does cut to the chase
about a disturbing trend I see on this forum.

It seems to be the overriding intention of several
posters to this forum to try to FORCE others into
discussing their own failings. Those doing this seem
to feel that they have not only the "right" to force
people to do this, but the "right" to try to convince
others about these supposed failings. And, of course,
to coax them to join in with the denouncing of these
supposed failings.

Bunch of petty, junior-high-school-level, near-psycho-
pathic bullshit, if you ask me.

This phenomenon describes Judy hounding Curtis to try
to *force* him to argue her pathological impressions
of him with her. This phenomenon describes Robin trying
to do the same with pretty much everyone, attempting to
draw them into one of his "confrontations." It describes
the "piling on" behavior of others who wish to force
others to "sit there and listen" while they go off on
them. And it certainly describes the behavior of a
person who is still stalking the guy who dumped her
publicly 25 years ago, still trying to draw him into
interacting with her again so that she can pretend she
wasn't dumped.

>From one (or several) points of view, this is a really
sick forum. Far worse than being the Funny Farm Lounge
that Bhairitu calls it. This place is a fuckin' zoo.

Speaking only for myself, I owe no one on this forum
participation in their fantasies about me. I may prod
them from time to time into *demonstrating* those
fantasies for the amusement of others, but I don't feel
the need to participate in them.