 From: Robin Carlsen <maskedze...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:53 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Fw: The Science of Compassion, for Wednesday to Ann

> Richard, I actually did tell Robin which actions of his I was calling
> psychological rape.  His declaring many times with certainty what my inner
> thoughts and feelings were.  However, Ann does not name which actions or
> inactions of mine are the basis for her accusations.  This is the crucial
> difference between what I did and what she did.  I also list her words on
> which I'm basing what I say about her.
Richard, I actually did tell Robin which actions of his I was calling
psychological rape.  His declaring many times with certainty what my inner
thoughts and feelings were.  However, Ann does not name which actions or
inactions of mine are the basis for her accusations.  This is the crucial
difference between what I did and what she did.  I also list her words on which
I'm basing what I say about her.

Rape--psychological or physical--means to invade and violate the integrity,
mentally or physically, of another human being,

How can there possibly be psychological rape if someone describes the
experience that person is having of the effect of the subjectivity of another
person, an effect which is interfering with the rationality and intelligibility
of the discourse?

Someone reading another's thoughts and feelings--Isn't that spiritualism,
mind-reading, occultism of some kind?

How can there be psychological rape if someone describes the effect of the
subjectivity of another person such as to identify how that subjectivity is
systematically depriving the interaction of a minimally desirable level of
objectivity?

One must presume from Share's testimony that either: 1. Robin did indeed
declare "many times with certainty what [Share's] inner thoughts and feelings
were"--and he was accurate in doing this (making him a mind and heart reader of
sorts) or 2. Robin did indeed declare "many times with certainty what [Share's]
inner thoughts and feelings were"-and he was inaccurate in doing this (making
him simply irrelevant to the inner world of Share).

One would want to ask in terms of this alleged accusation (which Robin denies)
whether Share did in fact experience that her thoughts and feelings were being
accurately described--for in that case science would have no business mapping
the brain to discover the physiological correlates of certain states of feeling
and thinking; or whether Share experienced (in thinking Robin was trying to
read her thoughts and feelings) that her thoughts and feelings were not being
accurately described.

If Robin (according to Share) did not describe Share's feelings and thoughts
accurately, then how can there be any invasion or violation of Share? And if
(according to Share) he did describe Share's feelings and thoughts accurately,
what is that but a simple scientific observation?

Share suddenly escalated the entire interaction (as she just did yesterday with
AWB) to a level of hysteria and extremism which entirely altered the context of
the conversation, and by doing so she recreated reality in such an unexpected
way that it took me several weeks to figure out WTF was even happening. I was
confused and disoriented--as I tried conscientiously to understand what Share
was doing. The hair-trigger subjectivity of Share destroys any semblance of
intellectual order and psychological coherence.

The charge of psychological rape was absurd and meaningless. Any attempts by
anyone to describe how the subjectivity of a person is influencing their
apprehension of reality--it is like anything else: either it is true or it is
false. For instance, here in this post: If someone were to point out to me how
my own first person perspective was dictating the analysis I was making, I have
a simple way of responding to this: Does this interpretation obtain here
according to my understanding of what is being said to me? or does this
interpretation not obtain here according to my understanding of what is being
said to me?

If someone on FFL were to try to point out how some specific tendency or
inclination or bias of my first person ontology was determining my point of
view about Share WHY I WOULD FIND THAT FASCINATING AND MEANINGFUL IN THE
EXTREME.

I would have to assess the extent to which what was being said to me appeared
to contain more objectivity than my own judgment of its application to me--but
if someone were able to show to me that my own subjectivity in some way
was--presumably without my realizing this--negatively influencing my capacity
to read the situation truthfully, I would find that beneficial to me--and
something I would welcome.

The question for me always comes down to one thing: Can I adjust my first
person subjective perspective to reality's perpetual adjudication of its
appropriateness, its suitability, its objectivity, its inherent truthfulness.

Whether we are aware of it or not, this is what life really comes down to: The
extent to which our first person ontology can achieve an objective reading of
the metaphysical facts of the universe as those facts apply to the meaning,
truth, and well-being of ourselves as a individual created being with the
utterly mysterious faculty of free will, whose destiny is to go through the
experience of dying.

There has never being any psychological rape on FFL.