My late tantric guru told me about a month and a half AFTER my tantra
initiation that I shouldn't eat beef.  It would cause my meditations to
be worthless.  He was a little late as I had already consumed two meals
with beef (one was a favorite of mine: a cheeseburger).  Nope, it didn't
effect my meditation at all.  If beef effects Indian meditations it may
be because they don't have a digestive system strong enough to digest it
but then they do actually eat red meat (goat and lamb) that which is
more purine and should be harder to digest.

One Swami at a Vivekananda center in the city where I once lived even
has a slide show for his followers explaining the difference between
beef cattle and a milk cow.  He thinks some Americans who try to live on
a vegetarian diet are anemic.  So you will find beef at their buffets
those he doesn't eat it himself.

As for the acid/alkaline balance that is quite complex and doesn't
always work as expected.  I would suggest reading Bill Wolcott's book
"Metabolic Typing" about  the subject.  I did the program he now runs
back in 1981.  He found that for some people meat may make them more
alkaline.  So it isn't clear cut.  Bill was the Seattle TM center
chairman back in the 1970s.

In 1972, when a friend was attending naturopathic college, she
recommended that I get a checkup there.  The ND (who was a Canadian MD
getting his ND) asked if I was a vegetarian.  I told him, "no, but I
have been trying it for the last couple weeks." He said it would not
work for me because I was already showing signs of anemia.  He
recommended some meat, fish or chicken two or three times a week.  BTW,
my ayurvedic practitioner (also an MD) told me he found that pittas
often need animal protein that often.

India is a hot climate like an eternal summer.  In the summer it is easy
to get too acidity and why many people tend to eat more vegetarian.  But
I think many of us with European ancestors survived cold winter because
of our pitta constitutions.  And the current thought on ayurveda is
instead of trying to make yourself tri-doshic to restore your
constitution instead.

As for inflammation, make sure you are really dealing with it first.  As
we get older if may be more common but not a reason to give up animal
protein entirely.