--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@...> wrote:

> [...]

No doubt, because the sight of meat made him less aggressive:

http://aoc.mcgill.ca/news/channels/2010/november/1/caveman-behavioural-traits-might-kick-dinner-table-eating

http://tinyurl.com/2g78btk

I'm reminded by the passing of Don Patrick that he would sometimes find PETA
pamphlets slipped under his office door because it was not uncommon for him to
encourage his patients to eat a little chicken/fish or at least some eggs. Just
as there were online comments by omnivores about the relatively young cancer
deaths of vegetarians, Linda McCartney and Steve Jobs, I can just imagine what
FF vegans are saying about Don Patrick dropping dead at 61. Personally, though,
I think his death was probably due to his driven, type A personality... the guy
was seriously intense.