India has thousands of years of experience
with both celibacy and human duplicity.

If a male brahmacharin/samnyasin is alone in a
room with a woman then they just had sex together.

In India the samnyasin's say that a brahmacharin
having sex is "like eating your own vomit".

This is how these gurus are judged by their peers
in their own tradition and their own country.

Read it and weep.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mjackson74" <mjackson74@...>
wrote:

> For years I believed that Maharishi was a lifelong celibate because
that is what I was taught. I was surprised, really amazed when I first
heard a TM teacher say she had heard he was sexually active. I knew her
pretty well and she insisted it was true. When I asked her how she knew
she told me her sister and brother in law, both TM teachers and
Governors had assured her it was true. They had worked on national staff
for some years and yet it was not first hand information. They had
gotten it from a reliable source who had gotten it from the person who
had it through direct experience.

> Third hand info was not too impressive at the time. I did run the
information by another TM teacher who knew both myself and the person
who told me and they didn’t believe it, nor could they believe
that Susie had come to believe it.

> So the issue was a non-issue for me until I turned up here on FFL. A
brief exchange with Rick made me feel there really might be something to
the allegations so I looked further, reading everything I could from and
about the women involved which made me about fifty percent convinced it
was true. Even though I had come to believe Maharishi was not
enlightened, and that he was extremely fond of making promises in
exchange for cash, I still could not quite come to believe that he had
lied about that very fundamental aspect of his lifestyle.

> What did convince me were the similar stories from the former skin
boys like Mark Landau and Billy Clayton that I came across on the
internet, especially the recent BATGAP video interview with Mark Landau.

> Now that got me to thinking why would M preach celibacy to everyone
else if he was not practicing it himself. And I came up with a couple
conclusions.

> First, it was not cool in those days to be a guru and be sexually
active, or perhaps more to the point it wasn’t cool to be a guru,
be sexually active and have people in general know that was the case. M
had to maintain the facade that he was celibate to keep people coming to
him believing he was a spiritual master.

> Being a spiritual master and fucking just didn’t go together in
those days. This became particularly important when he announced he
wanted TM teachers to dress and behave conservatively so TM would appeal
to the “responsible members of society” meaning older,
financially established people who could and would support M
financially. If they had known he was dipping the wick they would never
have supported him.

> In addition I believe he wanted to cut down on the competition. From
the stories his personal secretaries have told, he would often select
women from amongst those on teacher training courses or his staff
â€" if they were being sexually active, they would be leery of
cheating on their spouses or boyfriends and celibacy certainly would
lead the ladies to be already horny, thus making it easier for him to
get in their pants.