About a month back I took my Forester to a local repair shop for an oil
change and checkup.  They needed to replace some left axle stuff which
required that the wheel be removed.  The Forester has nice alloy wheels
and to keep them from getting stolen I have a lug on each wheel that
requires a special key to remove.   Many times after leaving the car at
a shop I would get a call asking where that key was.  "Where else but in
the tool kit in the back with the spare", I would reply.  This is not
something you leave at home.  Usually they would return to the little
tool pack next to the spare well.  This time they didn't and I didn't
discover until last Sunday that they had not replaced the key.  So I
called and asked if they had an orphaned wheel lock key but they
didn't.  So they have ordered a new set as a replacement.  From now on
I'll check as soon as I pick up the car after a repair.  Wouldn't want
to be on the road with a flat and not have that key.