--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@...>
wrote:

> Steve. Â You've been movin' forward on the humor front of late -
some good posts. Â Thanks for the effort on this - very sweet. Â

> I've spent some of this evening reading on the Connecticut tragedy.
 I simply cannot get over that the mother was a gun collector and
knew she had a mentally ill son. Â Not that that would have made a
difference - but it certainly made it easier than it had to be.

Somehow that did make it a little easier.  But like you say, the
finality of it.

  Â All those kids, all those families, his family, Christmas, no way
to fix it, no way to make it better, ever. Â RIP. Â

> >________________________________

past few months, but just worked out that way I guess.
> >Here's something IÂ came up with the other night when I couldn't
sleep.
> >Don't mean to offend anyone, (on what's turned out to be a
sad day)
> >Â There's been a lot of talk about craft beers here, and the other
night, having trouble sleeping I thought about what qualities of a craft
bear could be compared to a posting style.  I came up with some side
by side comparisons.  And as many posts contain insults, the
descriptions should also be viewed as applying to insult styles as well.
> >Ann â€" A relatively smooth concoction, but goes from sweet to
bitter and back again many times in a single pint, usually ending on a
mildly bitter note.
> >Alex â€" crisp and light, with emphasis on crisp.
> >Share â€" very smooth, but always with a strong finish.  (a
personal favorite of mine)
> >Raunchy â€" a true artisan, brewing a complex, original beer,
with a bitter, yet sweet characteristic throughout. Â The labels are
her bottles reflect well the flavor within. Â Said to be coming out
with a new brew called SOTTPS
> >Judy â€" At some point the fermentation process got messed
up.  It may be that power got cut to the cooling tanks.  A
result is a quite bitter concoction.  On the other hand, the
ingredient list on the bottle is impeccable, including the bottling
date, and origin and date of the harvest of the hops. The beer, in spite
of its flaws, retains a strong following.
> >Jim â€"Loves the King of Beers, Budweiser.  I think he just
likes the idea of "King" (-: Â Recently started brewing in a second
venue.  The beer in the previous venue was getting a little stale
beer it is said.  Word is that they weren't really drinking much
beer, but rather spending a lot of time talking about the attributes of
different beers.
> >Laughinggull â€" Is it really beer she is brewing, or just a
fizzy, sparkling beverage? Â The jury is out on that, but it always
tickles the insides.
> >Curtis â€" An extraordinary brewer.  It seems his
concoctions draw outsize attention from beer critics.  He is
regularly accused of blasphemy in regards to the higher origins of the
product.  And yet his critics have a difficult time making their
accusations stick, as he seems to have thought through the origins,
development, and final disposition of the product better than most
people would expect.
> >Nablusoss â€" The beer he brews is quite bitter.
Occasionally some sweetness may creep in, even if by mistake, but it
greatly enhances the drinkability when that happens.
> >Irantea â€" A good honest brew.  Dark and rich in the true
Bavarian Tradition.
> >Susan â€" Has what we used to refer to  as 3/2 beer.
Mild, and not much buzz but an alcohol beverage nonetheless.
> >Xeno - A decent, but basically non alcoholic brew.  On the other
hand, the highly technical brewing process as outlined on the bottle has
generated a respectable following.
> >Ravi - Waaaay too much fermentation going on with this brew. In fact
his brew requires special plastic packaging as the concoction keeps
leaking from the bottle. And the beer itself? Rather unique, but once
you get used to the pungent aroma from the leaking yeast, it is not that
bad. The brew definitely has its adherents, but it is an acquired taste.
> >Barry â€" A strong masculine beer. So strong in fact that one
often gags on it.  Men have a little better time with it, but most
woman just cannot handle those stout overtones and usually just spit it
out.  He is said to be trying to come up with concoction with just a
tad more sweetness, but the beer drinking community seems skeptical on
this point.
> >Robin â€" A complicated brew.  The final note never seems to
end.  Plus, he says it is beer, but much of the time it tastes like
malt liquor.  The label doesn't help much in that regard.  The
rumor is that he plans to get some brewing tips from monks to help him
come up with something which can positively be identified as to what
type of beverage it is.
> >Emily- Not so much a beer maker as a wine connoisseur.  But she
has a remarkable ability to deconstruct the different influences and
notes in a given wine.  Very much an up and comer in this world.
> >Edg â€" His beer appears to have been pulled off the market
except for brief appearances.  But it is always an enjoyable
potpourri whenever it does appear.  That is, with exception of a
certain Texas brew.  Word is that a sample has been sent to the
Center of Disease Control and Prevention for further evaluation.
> >Merudanda â€" The concoction is all over the place.  But the
label! Oh the label is always divine.  Accolades from the beer
swilling community on that one.
> >Feste â€" What can only be described as a "mature" beer.
Respectable in every parameter.  Best enjoyed in a get together of
old friends, perhaps before or after a art walk.
> >Bill â€" A technical beer.  Quite dry, but with some good
notes. The label often has footnotes on little known facts on the
history of beer making.  A dictionary of Hindu and Buddhist terms is
really needed to derive maximum enjoyment from this selection.
> >Sorry if I forgot anybody.Â
> >
> >--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long sharelong60@ wrote:
> >>
> >> Happy Holidays to you too, Steve, and to your family.  It's
been a year since I've seen them all so I'm looking forward to
it.  Three big gatherings already planned plus more informal get
togethers with my sisters.  Mom and I will mainly hang out and
shop, see at least one movie, play Yahtzee and card games.  Oh
yes, and eat (-:

> >> BTW, you've really helped make the last 3 months easier than they
would have been without you.  Saying thank you doesn't seem
adequate but there it is anyway.  May all the good you've brought
into my life come back to you and your family multiplied many times.

> >> Sorry for being a little mushy.  I put up my tree
today.  Maybe that's why!

> >> ________________________________

love to ridicule what they like to refer to as "woo woo", but I see you
swimming gracefully with both with the dolphins and the sharks here.

> >> I hope your upcoming trip to the DC area to see your Mom and other
family members is an enjoyable one.

> >> (47)
> >>
> >> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long sharelong60@

FFL poster more peace and or happiness and or well being from whatever
they post here.  And from whatever they do in their lives
away from FFL.  And this wish benefits me too so I'm
sticking to it as best I can.  Probably my actions won't
always be in 100% alignment with it.  But that's what I'm
aiming for.  ÂÂÂ

make believe you can be anyone you want to be. You can create the story
as you see fit, you can live out all your fantasies and work through
your scenarios of revenge. How great is that? (Plus how can anyone "own
up to" anything when they can't post?)

Judy.  I mean I think it makes a lot more sense if you
did.
to something? If you advertised that, you could charge for admission and
probably garner some enormous receipts.ÂÂÂ