--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, awoelflebater  wrote:

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long  wrote:
 In his Commentary on the Gita Maharishi explains, "With the
 constant practice of meditation, this infusion continues to
 grow and when it is full-grown cosmic consciousness will
 have been attained. Once this state is attained, to fall
 from it is impossible." pg 173

 from The  Science of Being and Art of Living, with my underlining
 for emphasis: When this self-consciousness is forever maintained,
 even when the mind emerges from the Transcendent and engages in
 the field of activity, then self-consciousness attains the status
 of cosmic consciousness. Self-consciousness is then established
 eternally in the nature of the mind.  pg 249

Ann wrote:
 Unless, of course, you make a conscious and concerted Herculean
 effort, as Robin evidently did, to overthrow the overwhelming
 hold of enlightenment on yourself. It appears not everyone wants
 to stay under the influence or to be held so firmly by the force
 of this power over them. I daresay Robin would still be in UC
 unless he had taken the steps he did to counteract that state.
 You are implying, Share, that his UC was not real because he is
 no longer in that state of consciousness. You see, what you write
 here is transparent.

Judy adds:
She fully intended it to be "transparent." (Don'cha love the
way she underlines "forever" and "eternally" just to make
sure we don't miss them?) At least Nabby had the guts and
integrity to put his point right out there.

Note that Maharishi writes, "TO FALL from [cosmic
consciousness] is impossible." "To fall" implies something
that happens against one's will, something one doesn't want
to happen. Robin *wanted* to get out of the state he was in
and, as Ann says, made "a conscious and concerted Herculean
effort" to do so--and *sustained* that effort for *25 years*,
a third of a lifetime.

That doesn't seem to be what Maharishi was saying is
impossible. (And even if he was, that doesn't mean he was
correct. He wasn't always right, as we all know.) It's
likely Maharishi never even conceived of someone going at
it as Robin did.

Wanting to go back to waking state *isn't in the books*, it
isn't something that is taught. It's assumed that the
enlightened state will always remain desirable once it has
been achieved. At least, I've never seen anything to the
contrary from a teacher of enlightenment; if anyone else has,
please set me straight.