--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, laughinggull108 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, awoelflebater  wrote:
> >
> >  --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long  wrote:
> >  In his Commentary on the Gita Maharishi explains, "With the
> >  constant practice of meditation, this infusion continues to
> >  grow and when it is full-grown cosmic consciousness will
> >  have been attained. Once this state is attained, to fall
> >  from it is impossible." pg 173
> >
> >  from The  Science of Being and Art of Living, with my underlining
> >  for emphasis: When this self-consciousness is forever maintained,
> >  even when the mind emerges from the Transcendent and engages in
> >  the field of activity, then self-consciousness attains the status
> >  of cosmic consciousness. Self-consciousness is then established
> >  eternally in the nature of the mind.  pg 249
> >
> > Ann wrote:
> >  Unless, of course, you make a conscious and concerted Herculean
> >  effort, as Robin evidently did, to overthrow the overwhelming
> >  hold of enlightenment on yourself. It appears not everyone wants
> >  to stay under the influence or to be held so firmly by the force
> >  of this power over them. I daresay Robin would still be in UC
> >  unless he had taken the steps he did to counteract that state.
> >  You are implying, Share, that his UC was not real because he is
> >  no longer in that state of consciousness. You see, what you write
> >  here is transparent.
> >
> > Judy adds:
> > She fully intended it to be "transparent." (Don'cha love the
> > way she underlines "forever" and "eternally" just to make
> > sure we don't miss them?) At least Nabby had the guts and
> > integrity to put his point right out there.
> >
> > Note that Maharishi writes, "TO FALL from [cosmic
> > consciousness] is impossible." "To fall" implies something
> > that happens against one's will, something one doesn't want
> > to happen. Robin *wanted* to get out of the state he was in
> > and, as Ann says, made "a conscious and concerted Herculean
> > effort" to do so--and *sustained* that effort for *25 years*,
> > a third of a lifetime.
> >
> > That doesn't seem to be what Maharishi was saying is
> > impossible. (And even if he was, that doesn't mean he was
> > correct. He wasn't always right, as we all know.) It's
> > likely Maharishi never even conceived of someone going at
> > it as Robin did.
> >
> > Wanting to go back to waking state *isn't in the books*, it
> > isn't something that is taught. It's assumed that the
> > enlightened state will always remain desirable once it has
> > been achieved. At least, I've never seen anything to the
> > contrary from a teacher of enlightenment; if anyone else has,
> > please set me straight.
>
> At least the above gave me a good laugh for the day and maybe even for the
> week. I have never seen anyone sink to this level in order defend their
> position. However, not quite as good as:
> where you wrote to Share: "I stand by what I said. The negative intelligences
> [...]

The proud black swan hissing her contempt for the unthoughtful barking of the
excited spaniel.

When the coldness of the air bites our cheeks, do we believe we will be alive
again when the heat of summer burns the sand?

What aches and pains these animals feel, who cannot tell us how silent their
misery becomes--until their secret fate is changed, and they are happy once
again.

What a privilege it must be to think our feelings right because they are our
own, and in their smugness and complacency that we have done away with death.

Poor gulls which laugh easily as the majestic eagle pierces with his talons
young birds who never will feel their wings beating.

The sensation you are left with after you have spoken, its boredom tells us all
you need to know of unsuspected tragedy.