--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@...> wrote:

> Coda: I would love JH to become a charismatic leader/beautiful human
> being--who knows! maybe he will become this. But I side with Bevan in his
> fidelity to the purity of Maharishi's Teaching--also in the depth of his
> suffering and despair--he remains absolutely and properly true to Maharishi.
> If Buck gets his way--through championing the authority of JH--it will mean
> the death of that ultra innocent experience that an initiator can give to a
> initiate the moment he begins to repeat the mantra after the initiator has
> sung the Puja. There is nothing like TM, and there never has been anything
> like it. And there is no one like Maharishi Mahesh Yogi either.
>
> John Hagelin is a brilliant physicist. He is devoted to Maharishi and
> believes in the metaphysical integrity of Maharishi's Teaching-and his vision
> for the whole world. But he will never be taken as seriously as Bevan,
> because Bevan has a very perfect read on Maharishi himself--as Bevan's
> Master. The purity of The Teaching is held inside Bevan Morris's soul. If
> there is some silent coup d'etat, it will be the end of Transcendental
> Meditation and the the last light of the brilliance of what the TM Movement
> once was (up to the ruling in the New Jersey case) will go out.
>
> Bevan has the potential to command respect. John Hagelin, were he not a
> remarkable scientist and thinker, could not command, would never command,
> that respect. "Bevan from Heaven" was once a real phenomenon.
>
> Bevan still feels the holiness of his experience of his Master; he acts out
> of a sense of felt supernatural inspired obedience. The Buck revolution, it
> comes from someone who never really felt what we initiators felt, say in the
> early seventies. For me, it is either Maharishi and TM all the way, or it is
> nothing. It is sort of parallel to Newman saying there is no medium between
> atheism and Catholicism. If you are not a Catholic, you are
> essentially--functionally--an atheist.

Couldn't agree more. Nobody I know in the Movement has made a stronger
application for 3'rd degree Initiation and eventual Masterhood without being
enlightened (as far as I know) than Bevan Morris.

It seems Buck doesn't or can't see the range of his critisism. He should give
it up and focus on what he knows best; being on the programme.