When you worked on the first Dome did you meet a guy by the name of Richard
Kilmer - big fella with a big booming voice - he was an architect?

________________________________
 From: "doctordumb...@rocketmail.com" <doctordumb...@rocketmail.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 12:13 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Heaven on Earth for Marshy's Kin Folks

Hi WB, I know that, also - I worked for the TM guys, on staff, for a total of
three years, and bought into *everything*. Everything. Well, almost
everything...my guardian angels stopped me literally on the verge, from going
on TTC - it wouldn't have been pretty.:-0

Working for the TMO, I went on tons of residence courses, earned my TMSP - read
the Gita numerous times, took SCI - and earned the princely sum of $25/mo.,
slept in an unheated garage, or a run down shack in mid-Winter with no plumbing
- in the Midwest and Catskills. Had all the *right* posters on the walls
though.:-)

Continued TMSP for 13 years, and TM since 1975. Took part in some key TMO
events - attended Doug Henning's second wedding in the Dome, helped build the
first dome, helped build a Capital of the Age of Enlightenment. Attended the
Taste of Utopia course in DC.

Got screwed in many of the same ways as have been already described here ad
nauseum - Experienced loss of course credit, arrogance of the Govs, blatant
hypocrisy, pitiful living and working conditions, though thankfully, except for
my overall income for those three years working for the TMO, I didn't lose
money on many courses.

So, I just don't know what the standard is for investment in the TMO and
Maharishi, that continues to leave a bitter taste in so many mouths.

After I left in the early 80's, I continued to pursue my own stuff, and
continued to carefully peel away the BS from whatever my truth was at the time,
and now. Got immersed in the world, family and career, so that any BS in the
TMO continued to burn itself out, in the course of integrating myself into a
normal, successful worldly life.

If someone still feels the need to vent about their TMO experiences, and trot
out the same old tired stories and accusations, they can go ahead, but when
they say stuff like this, they *still* sound kinda dumb: :-)

"The TMO is in my opinion no more corrupt and awful (and no less) than any
other spiritual organization or religion or cult in human history."

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@ <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > "The TMO is in my opinion no more corrupt and awful (and no less) than any
> > other spiritual organization or religion or cult in human history."
> >
> > this makes you sound kinda dumb...just sayin'...
>
> Not dumb, dear Doctor. Here is the key thing. Many people who appear the most
> bitter are those who spent the most time, invested much of themselves, in the
> Movement whether it was in in the form of years, sweat, dedication or belief.
> This was a cost on some level. When someone has put so much of themselves
> into something and found it, in the end, wanting it seems to me natural that
> there is disappointment, bitterness, a foundation for defining/revealing,
> what went wrong. It is never a valid excuse that something isn't wrong
> because it happens all the time. Frequency of transgression does not override
> the seriousness of it.

<snip>