--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808"  wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@  wrote:
> > >
> > > I can honestly say I went on a lot of residence courses,
> > > and was never asked to donate money, or purchase
> > > *anything*. Wasn't a perfect experience, but this
> > > rapaciousness you attribute to the reps of the TMO
> > > was just never present whenever I interacted with
> > > them. Not once, during major national courses,
> > > residence courses, or working for the TMO on staff,
> > > was I ever asked for donations, or to get the next
> > > big thing. This is some tape loop in your head,
> > > that does not match reality. And you know what
> > > they say, where there's smoke, there's fire...:-)
> >
> > Ah, so we imagined it all. Fascinating evasion.
>
> I've never encountered any form of sales-pitch on ANY
> course during decades in the TMO.
> So far we only have your version of this.

Nabby, what on Earth gives you the impression that
anyone here believes *anything* you say, let alone
anything you say about the TMO and Maharishi?

I believe that Jimbo honestly believes that he doesn't
remember anything being "sold" to him on residence
courses, but IMO that's just because he has a demon-
strably selective memory. That and the fact that he
1) probably never had any money for them to want in
the form of donations, and 2) he was never that
involved with the TMO in the first place.

As for you, I suspect you're just lying, as you often
do when things you don't want discussed about the
TMO come up.

Me, I experienced "sales pitches" on courses *dozens*
of times over the years. The first, of course, were
for "advanced techniques" (which weren't) and for
TTC. Then for the Sidhis, first pitched to a group
of us on an ATR course at Cobb Mountain in a two-
hour presentation, presided over by teachers sent
directly from Switzerland, under instructions from
Maharishi to sell exactly what they were selling --
the Next Big Thing.

I left long before any of the other silly "add on"
products that TBs fell for appeared on the scene.
Things like Ayurveda and S-V houses and WPA courses
and stuff like that. But I have heard enough stories
from those who stuck around longer than I did that
these products were indeed pitched to people on long
rounding courses as well.

Pretending that this didn't happen just doesn't cut
it. It *did* happen, and my bet is that the vast
majority of readers of this forum know this, whether
they're speaking up or not. My bet is that it's
*still* happening.

So the bottom line is that the organization that
considered "rounders" in such a fragile state of mind
that they weren't allowed to leave the course premises
and were required to have "buddies" to keep track of
them every minute of the day ALSO considered them
fair game while in this fragile state for their
sales pitches.

This indicates to me a certain hypocrisy and insensi-
tivity on the part of the TM organization, if not
outright greed and cult blindness.

YMMV.

If it does, why not chime in on this thread?

Those who feel that they can defend this behavior
on the part of the TMO, please do.