--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Mike Dixon  wrote:

> Yeah, he's still a holy man, just not as holy as most of us thought. The
> Bible tells us that all men fall short of the Glory of God. That means that
> all men have and will sin. Maharishi was a man, not God. The Bible also
> speaks of angels coming to earth and having sex with women. Veda Vyasa had
> sex with an unmarried woman in a boat while crossing a river, thus we have
> Shukadeva.

Who is the ultimate Brahmachari, walking around naked, not having any sense of
sensuality

> Maharishi belongs on a pedestal, just not as high as we might have thought.
> My thoughts are that M was a very high soul on a mission and upon taking
> birth as a man, he did things men do.

My opinion too. I put him on a high pedestal for what he did and accomplished.
In other areas he is just like a human being. And I credit him for inspiring me
(and so many others) to live brahmacharya, and create an environment where this
was easy.

Well said, Mike.