You can always tell when Barry has had his buttons
pushed particularly effectively. There's a direct
relationship between how upset he is and the
incoherence of his response. This post is a perfect
example.

I made fun of the newspaper for having used the term
"perennial" for "perianal," but Barry, demonstrating his
desperate need for things to be All About Barry,
interpreted this, somehow, to be an attack on *him*--
even though he had also made fun of the article. My
comment had nothing whatsoever to do with Barry.

Raunchy's hilarious take made fun of both the article
and of Barry. His response did not, let us say,
do anything to exemplify his frequently expressed
contention that people should be able to laugh at
themselves.

Finally, Barry practically drowns in incoherence by
suggesting that raunchy and I, as purportedly
"wannabee Hindus," uncritically embrace Indian culture,
and that this is why we made fun of the Indian
newspaper--entirely oblivious to the contradiction.

(Of course, Barry's brain goes even further in the toilet
in his grateful response to navashok this morning for
having, he assumes naively, shown him that what raunchy
and I were ridiculing was an entirely proper and even
intentional mangling of words. Pushing Barry's buttons
is more than worth the effort for the amusement value.
Good work, raunchy. ;-))