From: Michael Jackson <mjackso...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Yer chatter
To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: "dave dukely" <davac...@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, February 22, 2013, 2:39 PM

what part of the country was that in?

From: david allen <davac...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Cc: dave dukely <davac...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 2:13 PM

Howdy back, Buck!

 Yes i wuz a 'TM stormtrooper' ("Initiations by hook or by crook!") in N.
America before the 108 group was invented.  Back then, things were pretty much
decided by regional coordinators.  Unfortunately, there was no
complaint-department, no ombuds-type persons, nor initiator's-union to address
grievances.

 One recurring gripe was simply about getting advanced course-acceptance in
time to catch our dam' travel arrangements.  We had operated local residence
courses for years, no problem.  Center staffers were prompt and always nice
with applicants, so they kept coming to courses -- it was easy and fun.   Then
a couple of 'Siddhas' arrived from Switzerland to take-over the center.   After
alienating most of the 'strong' meditators, and generally screwing things-up,
they disappeared back to Europe.  Our invincible-center closed shortly
afterwards.  Bye bye, boys...

Surely by now, two-way communication channels are well-established and help
with problems faced by teachers and administrators in the field.    Recalling
all this stuff today, I also remember that we didn't touch others very often.
Now, research is showing that friendly human contact helps develop empathy in
people.   Geeze, we could've used more of that...