--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, navashok <no_reply@...> wrote:

> I think there is only one truly Vedic mantra and that is OM.

Dear Nava,
Real TM tru-believers strongly hold that Maharishi's revival of Knowledge has
saved India from `Om".  I have been lectured several times on this very point
by extremely faithful TM people who seem quite convinced.  You'll notice that
none of the TM versions of mantras on the TM-X website notice `Om' as any part
of a TM mantra.  Though Shri Vidya and everyone else going back use "Om" to
initiate or energized mantras.  Is TM missing something?  Maharishi uniquely
seems a Vedic out-layer on this in the distribution of sages on mantras.
I like `Om' myself to spin the root and tune the heart and then go from there.
But that is different from TM and should not be confused even though chakras
well light up upon proper awareness and practice of the TM-sidhis.  But at that
point it is independent of employing 'Om' or much of anything else.
Best Regards from Fairfield,
-Buck