 From: seekliberation <seekliberat...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, March 1, 2013 6:18 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Bad news for blissninnies

It makes sense to me when I read the article.  But I also think there is a fine
line between those who look at the glass as half empty, and those who just sit
around in a state of misery and do nothing to increase what's in the glass.

So I guess it's not as simple as 'half-empty, half-full'.  It's more complex
than that.  I guess it may be more like this:

1.  The glass is half full, so i'll just sit on my ass for now.
2.  The glass is half full, so i'll save it for later.
3.  The glass is half empty, so I better start filling it up now.
4.  The glass is half empty, therefore life sucks.

I would say that #2 & #3 are a healthy approach.  So it's not just that
pessimism is better, it's that DOING something to improve your situation is
superior to relaxing and assuming that everything is going to work out just
fine.  And it's the pessimist who will percieve the need for action more so
than the optimist.  A lot of hippies and babyboomers are learning that
painfully now.

seekliberation