 From: seekliberation <seekliberat...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, March 1, 2013 11:32 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Bad news for blissninnies

Left brain vs. right brain thinking does have a lot to do with it too.  Some
people think one is superior to the other, or try to convince themselves that
if they can't deal with the experiences indicated by the other half, that those
experiences are invalid or simply something that shouldn't be a part of
society.

I remember taking an IQ test before and then a psychologist explained to us the
difference between average intelligence, above average, and genius.  Usually
average intelligence will come from someone who can use either their left brain
or right brain efficiently.  Above average intelligence (IQ being 100-130) is
often someone who uses one half of their brain VERY efficiently.  But genius
intelligence often lies with those who can alternate between both hemispheres
of the brain.  He explained that IQ tests will often have a series of questions
that require linear thinking and are then interrupted by questions that require
abstract or holistic thinking.  It helps determine a person's fluidity in
thinking patterns which is a true sign of genius, as opposed to the typical
'Dr. Spock' outlook on intelligence where only 'step by step' logical thinking
is used as a definition of intelligence.

Hence....my analogy earlier of David Carridine's character 'Kwai Chang Cain'
who seems to display both left/right brain characteristics.  He too lived much
on the edge of fear when it was necessary and unavoidable.  And that goes back
to Bhuddist thought of non-resistance to invitability.

I think union of both hemispheres of the brain is going to be a major step in
evolution for humans.  But we first have to get past our tendency to discredit
the opposite side.  Much like liberals vs. conservatives.  Rather than trying
to crush the opposition, I think we would be better off just discarding the
negative qualities of each side and sticking with the positive traits of both
POV's.

seekliberation