Oh come on - Marshy always said TM was better than other meditations - for that
to be true, the particular set of mantras have to be superior to all others. If
not, what would then make TM better than other meditations?

________________________________
 From: sparaig <lengli...@cox.net>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:12 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Question for TM Cheerleaders

All MMY claimed about TM mantras was:

1) they are not om or some other monk-oriented mantra (if there are any, in his
mind);

2) he deemed them to be suitable for householders;

3) some mantras were more suitable for some people than than others, and he
chose a simple set that was reasonably beneficial for anyone, though each was
presumably more beneficial for some people than others.

MMY never claimed to be the ultimate expert on such matters. The impression he
gave was that he intuited a few things from the tradition that he thought were
most important and made them part of the TM canon.