> Its not about wanting to hear anything in particular, its
> about wanting to hear something CREDIBLE.

Michael, the list of things you're willing to find
CREDIBLE is nonexistent in this case.

> I didn't think there would be anyone who would try to defend
> the idea that the TM mantras are somehow superior to other
> mantras, so I wanted to know what TM cheerleaders would say
> makes TM superior - I never imagined it would be the simple
> instructions that you could get from other places that makes
> it so special.

Yeah, what are those other places? Let's see their
instructions.

> There are other meditations that are done essentially the
> same way - just be quiet inside and when you realize you
> are thinking, or having an emotion, go back to the silence
> or the breath or whatever.

Sure there are. But let's see the instructions.

> It is absurd to think the instructions Marshy gave on
> doing TM are what make it special. In essence, the
> instructions are very similar to other meditations, with
> the addition of the mantra.

Let's see the instructions. Maybe it's not so absurd as
you think.

> The instructions given by the Chopra meditation teachers
> are essentially the same with a different set of mantras.

That wouldn't surprise me, since many if not most of
them are former TM teachers. But "essentially the same"
still doesn't do it. Let's see the instructions.

> So that leaves some nebulous esoteric ideas that something
> unknown make TM better? Maybe it was Marshy's vibe that
> made it special?

No, it's the instructions.

> I was wanting to see if someone could come up with a credible
> explanation as to how TM is superior to other meditations. So
> far, no one has.

No, Michael, that isn't what you were wanting. You were
wanting to be given explanations you could dismiss so you
could triumphantly claim there was no basis to say TM is
superior to other meditations. And no matter what
explanation you're given, that's what you're going to do.

> The idea that it was the simple instructions that one can
> get elsewhere just doesn't cut it, and won't no matter how
> many times you repeat it.

The idea that one can get the same instructions elsewhere
doesn't cut it, and won't no matter how many times you
repeat it. Let's *see these instructions you can get
elsewhere*. Maybe there are some differences you haven't
taken into account, or don't recognize the significance
of. But we can't tell unless we can compare them to the
instructions for TM.