--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Mike Dixon <mdixon.6569@...> wrote:

> Natural effortlessness.

Bingo. Or more precisely, the specific instructional
method Maharishi created (right down to the instruction
to "Sit easily" rather than "Relax" at the start of
checking).

(The puja may be part of it as well--some TM teachers
would say so, at any rate.)

But the mantras TM uses are just plain ol' garden-variety
bija mantras. Do a search for "bija mantra" (or "beeja"
or "beej"), Michael, you'll find 'em all over the Web.
They're said to be especially powerful, but they're not
unique to TM.