--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray27" <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson mjackson74@
> wrote:
> > >
> > > It was rhetorical, actually - the man was many things, but
> > > enlightened or saint were not among those things. Enlightened
> > > men or women and saints do not leave behind the flotsam of
> > > destruction that Marshy left behind.
> >
> > For that matter, enlightened men probably do not spend
> > their last days re-enacting King Lear and trying to get
> > the people around him (who have already paid a million
> > bucks each to wear crowns and robes and call themselves
> > Rajas) to outbid one another to see who who can...uh...
> > erect the most phallic monuments to his memory, in the
> > form of the meaningless "Maharishi Towers Of Invincibility."
> >
> > It's really hard to get past the last act of *that* play,
> > unless one is seriously, deeply, hopelessly in denial...
>
> Can you give us any insight into what he is doing now.
> I think you've covered most everything up to this point.

Steve, with all the "TM cheerleading" going down,
I just thought it would be useful for someone to
interject a little reality about the person so many
are trying to portray as so saintly and enlightened.
People KNOW how he spent his last days (as I describe
above), but they tend to put it out of signt and out
of mind so that they can pedestalize Maharishi with
an unrealistically positive set of memories about him.

I'm just trying to remind people that for every blissy,
positive recollection they may have about MMY or the
glory days of the TMO, there are other recollections
that present different sides of the equation. I think
that all sides should be considered and borne in mind,
not just the ones the TBs *want* to remember.