Emily, you're partially right.  When I put to So and So it's because I want to
alert them, not being worried about it at all, that I've replied to one of
their posts.  And I realize that that is no guarantee that someone will read my
reply.  Oy, if that was still an issue for me on FFL I'd be crying in fetal
position 2 or 3 times per week!

As for emailing privately, I did that to you once and you replied on the forum,
fine with me BTW, but from that I have learned that some, even some who supply
their email address, don't want to be emailed directly.

And believe it or not I DO realize, though am not so high tech savvy, that
anyone on FFL can read my posts, even if they only see the first 2 lines via
Message View.  And I hope that they do.  But I'm realistic about it and
understand that probably not everyone does for one reason or the other.

And I admit that as time goes by and I know what to expect from different
posters, what's really fun is when someone steps out of their usual voice.  In
that regard, I admit I'm a bit disappointed to see that your attitude towards
me has not changed much.

PS  I'm always happy to crack someone up.  It's the cracked pot that waters the
flowers along the roadside.