I think the nature of writing an email is really different even if you are
addressing a single person as we all often do.  Share and I are in one of those
kinds of exchanges right now.  Anyone can join in, but because we are directing
it to each other it helps focus my writing rather than writing a general piece
about a topic.  I think it allows you to go deeper with the person while still
allowing someone join in if they find some aspect interesting.  I'm not sure
Share putting someone's name in the title is any more than a heads up.
Personally I appreciate it when she does it with me because I don't read
everyone's posts and probably would miss it. I think we direct our posts to
specific people when we think it might be their cup of tea.

When the process works, we achieve more of a collaboration in thinking.  But
that seems kind of rare here.  More often we have people trying to take a shot
at the writer because of some old grudge.

My post could have inspired more along the lines of Ann's response, but to get
that I had to wade through the three usual suspects trying to use this as an
opportunity for a put-down of me personally and some name calling.  It makes
the place highly unpleasant.  I think we have pissed away a chance at a place
where real thinking collaboration can occur.  Trolls try to dominate with their
agenda.

I ask about whether Barry has been to Majorca:

Nabbie uses it as an excuse to put down my music.

Jim calls me naive because he doesn't know where Majorca is in relationship to
where Barry lived.

Judy accuses me of gloating over good fortune and being immodest, and
criticizes me for not inviting everyone else to comment?!

And here you are Emily, all in for details about something interesting about a
new place.

Quick test: find the non-mediator.