Surely you mean sugar maples rather than birches smiley face

hugs

________________________________
 From: Ravi Chivukula <chivukula.r...@gmail.com>
To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Men only,

Oh dear Aunt Share, this is not you - the other Share that's destroying your
innocent purity. That neurotic b$tch up in Fairfield that's a sweet talking
b$tch that hides her delusions behind inane platitudes, visiting every healer,
Guru, light worker. She who levels the playing field a la Curtis by her - we
all have positive and negative qualities BS. She, like many neurotic birches
that I have seen around Amma's cult that accuse men of psychological rape.

Yes a little grumpy dear Auntie but you have made me feel better.

I love you.

Ravi

On Mar 25, 2013, at 7:55 AM, Share Long <sharelon...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>dear Ravi, pray tell, who is this other Share and how dare she join FFL!
>Though I did not break into applause of any kind, I have been enjoying the
>posts of Curtis.  And those of just about everybody else.  As probably just
>about everybody else has been enjoying mine (-:
>
>But why are you picking on Marek?  Are you becoming a grumpy boots down there
>in sunny San Diego?
>

>________________________________

I don't see a lot of people not agreeing with Barry. I see a lot of people
attacking him personally.

>><His criteria for liking or not liking someone are very transparent and quite
>>simple. They include more than the one I just mentioned, but ultimately he
>>dislikes personal challenge coming from others.>

He expressed his dislike for you and Robin before any of that happened.  ( His
objection to my use of dislike here is noted.)

>>< If that challenge takes the form of anything resembling a different
>>viewpoint or one that makes him have to question his very rigid beliefs or
>>one that requires him to retract, apologize or question his position he will
>>take that as a personal attack or as a sign of boringness, cuntness, small
>>mindedness or stupidity on the part of that person.>

I might have to see an example of this.  I am more familiar with the
predictable "Barry is bad" meme that flows freely here.  I see more actual
personal attacks than a challenge to beliefs.  And I am not denying that he
both gives as good as he gets and sometime initiates the insult cycle as he did
with you and Robin. But since then the nature of your posts about him have been
more insult to belief challenging as has Robin's.

>>> Barry is never vulnerable on this forum. Ever.>

>>> Barry doesn't begin to have the tools to "deal" with Robin. He is so far
>>> out of his depth, his comfort zone his perception of what is unknown or
>>> possible that to actually interact on even the most superficial level with
>>> Robin would require something Barry simply does not possess or refuses to
>>> acknowledge. It is kind of like asking a seal to run the 100m dash in 10
>>> seconds on dry land. Not possible.>

I guess we don't hold the same lofty view of Robin's intellect.  His attack on
Barry was actually very simple but he stretched it out endlessly.  And his
response to my challenge to his belief was not met with anything close to
thoughtful dialogue. it was his routine.  All insults masquerading as if he was
considering my points. A snarky farce dripping with the insincerity and
condescension that is his trademark.

>>For me, intellectually there is not too much there there, just a penchant for
>>wordiness.   And he recycles his insults, he has used the same claims about
>>me and others here.

>>> This excuse of "respect" is not about that at all. That is a convenient but
>>> erroneous description of what is really going on. It isn't about what Barry
>>> feels about the other person it is what the other person makes Barry feel
>>> about himself and THAT is what Barry dislikes.>

You may be giving yourself a bit too much credit for insight into his motives
here.  I have never seen you interact with him in a detailed way to warrant
your confidence in this theory.  I just don't believe you are in a position to
know this from your interactions with him or your observations of him.  You
frankly don't seem very sensitive yourself when you deal with him. And I don't
really blame you given your contentious history with him, but it doesn't lead
to knowing much about him beyond the insult persona you are both running toward
him and getting from him.

>>< When he is made to feel inadequate he will point his finger at the other
>>person and claim they are to blame; they are too boring or stupid or
>>dogmatic. He will never take responsibility for himself and the reasons he
>>feels the way he does. It will always be about the other guy.>

Funny thing is that I could say this about Judy or Robin or Jim, plenty of
people here. But the concept of taking "responsibility" for the reasons he
feels the way he does is loaded with a lot of presumptions that I don't share.
I think many people try to rub his nose in what they believe are his reasons
for how he feels as you did above.  Who would like to have their nose rubbed in
that kind of unfriendly assumptiveness. I don't.  Robin is a fan of this kind
of attack and if you don't cower to his self-assumed special perceptiveness it
is used as evidence of some other flaw.  It is a double bind mind-fuck and very
unpleasant. Did you accept Barry's assumptions about your motives on FFL?  Of
course not and I don't think you should have.  But that sword cuts both ways.

>>> Exactly.

>>> Yes, I will give you that. Barry IS predictable. Ridiculously so. This is a
>>> man who lives in a world that is bound and known and very limited. He can
>>> only venture so far with a person - new acquaintance or old. When he hits
>>> the property line, where the boundaries end, he stops dead. And those
>>> boundaries are those determined by his own limitations of self.

I disagree with this assessment.  Barry does not live in a world that is bound
or limited, quite the contrary, he has traveled a lot of very interesting roads
and continues to.  I don't know anyone who has moved their life to more places
since I have known them.  He is perfectly comfortable dropping in to a country
with a new language every few years and adapting to the local culture.  And he
has certainly been down more spiritual paths than most here.  Can you really
say he has a more limited world than people here who have never traveled as he
has, or exposed to just TM for self-development?

>>Limited?  Not in my opinion. The diversity of his exposure and the lack of
>>his limits is the most interesting thing about him for me.

>>> I don't think so Curtis. Many people have pretty good ideas of how Barry
>>> functions but Robin's today took the proverbial cake; it was far and away
>>> the most sophisticated reading of the man and one that you might have a
>>> chance of comprehending but Barry never will for, if he could, it would
>>> disprove what Robin wrote and what I have just said. Not that we said or
>>> are saying the same thing.

I comprehended it, and appreciate your confidence that I might be able to.  I
didn't find it sophisticated,at all, it was Robin routine 101, and since I
spent some time as its target, it is quite familiar.  With your background I'm
surprised you don't see it as formulaic.  But then you think Judy is brilliant
and have said so many times, so I think we have different standards we are
applying in that area.  Robin is obscuring very simple concepts in a word
flood.