--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@...> wrote:

> I just finished this book.  It is quite accessible to a laywoman such as
> myself and is quite fascinating from many perspectives.  I read it without
> having read all the critiques and despite the marketing distortion involved
> in selling it.  There is a lot more to this book, despite it's horrible
> title, than simply another story of an NDE hallucination.  Has anyone here
> actually read it?  (And, I don't just mean read the Sam Harris reviews about
> it.)

Om Yes, spiritually it's quite accurate and is becoming one of the required
readings of the baby-booming conscious death movement for perspective.  As
always Fairfield is on the forefront of that too.  The book's very readable as
a modern narrative.  By demographics now a lot of people in Fairfield are
reading it.  Nice 'cus it is not loaded so with religious buzz.  I liked the
page or two he devoted to his experience with Om.  It's funny in that will
probably have TM-tru-believers tossing in their sleep if not rolling over in
their graves.
-Buck