Thing is, these organizations aren't secular and aren't working with
established charities and the TM teacher needs a place to live other than an
ashram.

And as for the billions in assets...

If that exists, it is in the form of land investments and while I know the TMO
has made a few good land deals over the years, it has also made some horrible
ones too. Unless the real estate investments in India are really topnotch, it's
not likely that the TMO has billions in assets.