--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@...> wrote:

> I find people who insist on getting apologies to be very
> tiresome. It's s form of aggression.

Exactly.

> In this case, it is not even the "wronged" person who is
> insisting on it, but his self-appointed protector.
> Authfriend reminds me of a mother hen protecting one of
> her chicks, without noticing, apparently, that her "chick"
> is a full-grown rooster who can and does out-crow anyone
> on the block.

For the record, the technical term for this type of person
is "fag hag." Contrary to popular belief, this term has
nothing to do with whether the people being "protected"
are gay or not, only that the self-appointed "protector"
seeks to gain power and adulation from them by stepping in
as their "savior" as often as humanly possible, thus
demonstrating that they are unable to protect themselves.

Continuing in my usual subtle way to describe how I perceive
this whole tempest in a pisspot, I would describe the seem-
ingly neverending demand from some on this forum that others
APOLOGIZE as a form of Castaneda's "petty tyrant" behavior.
It's a power play. As you suggest, it's aggressive, and its
whole intent is to BE aggressive.

This particular petty tyrant scenario IN MY OPINION takes
two forms. The first (at least as it is acted out on this
forum) takes the form: "I don't like something (anything...
the particulars really don't matter) you said about me,
in this case you calling me a cunt when I was acting like
one. Therefore I invoke my God-given right to continue to
act like a cunt and harass you any way I can think of until
you apologize publicly."

The second form of petty tyrant behavior takes the form:
"I don't like something you said about someone else on
this forum. I'm not *in the least* involved in this, but
because I don't like you, I'm *still* going to continue to
act like a cunt and harass you any way I can think of until
you apologize publicly."

You can thank me for expressing the whole scenario this
succinctly and more accurately later. My work is done here.

There is a tremendous advantage in working a "day job" all
day and not being able (for the most part) to plow through
all of this infantile FFL crap until I get home. Once I do
get home, after dealing with adults all day, I'm really not
in a mood to pussyfoot around and pretend that what I
perceive as childish idiocy ISN'T childish idiocy. I call it
like I see it.

This is how I see it. Your mileage may vary, and if it does
I really don't give a shit.