--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@... <no_reply@...> wrote:
(snip)
> Even when I was reading those weird translations of the 6th
> and 7th mandalas, during the TMSP,

(Wasn't it the 9th and 10th mandalas? It was for my course.)

> I'd get lost in the vibe. The words were there, and were a
> description of abstract relationships, but reading them
> created a vibration too, and that is what had meaning for me.

Same here. Subtle but unmistakeable.

As an experiment once, I tried reading Psalms instead. Very
different experience. There was pleasure in it, but it was
clearly from the semantic beauty of the words and expressions,
not the sounds. The mandala translations didn't have much in
the way of semantic beauty, that's for sure.