--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@... <no_reply@...> wrote:

> Any time there is a new technology introduced, there are the naysayers who
> proclaim it too costly, too crazy, or just plain useless. Just as with
> electricity, the automobile, and the cell phone, TM is here to stay.

But is it as popular as the cell phone, electricity and the automobile?

Meaning; how many who see the advert say "I gotta get me one of
those"? And what percentage keep using it after a few months?

> I know its kind of a tough pill to swallow, recognizing that the technique is
> not only robust, but continues to grow as well. Perhaps you want to work on
> your attachment to these ideas of TM being bad and wrong, while at the same
> time, recognizing its inevitable global growth.

People are always after something to give them an edge, TM keeps
getting recycled via the latest batch of celebrities and is easy to
market because of its history. But how many keep doing it compared to
all the other things they try?

I suspect there is a huge market of seekers who do everything once
and finally end up seeing the blandness of the whole self-improvement scene.
There is precious little we can do to change ourselves and
TM, apart from the very few self-proclaimed enlightened that walk among us,
promises so much but delivers so little at the end of the day. You have to be
honest to realise the last bit. It isn't what you expected and didn't do half
what it claimed - if that.

But if you promise people everything, who isn't going to want to try?
*That* is the genius of TM marketing, the whole shpeil from the unified field
towards perfect health. It's damn clever and that's
why it's still around.