--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:

> Hey Buck, been meaning to ask you how many farmers in the Fairfield area
> are still using Monsanto products and raising GMO crops especially corn?

How many?  The vast majority plant GMO corn or soy.  Either by number of
farmers or acreage. Corn crop more than soy usually.  Farmers are driven by
markets.  There are some who do not plant GMO corn or soy either planting
organic or conventional corn or soy.  Driven by market price they still plant
GMO mostly.  That will change as consumers realize the problem with eating GMO
fed meat and GMO ingredients in food otherwise.  Smart farmers are hedging
already what they plant.

Organic corn and soy has not worked out so well economically so a lot of
farmers have pulled back from that.  Corn and soy are commodity grains the
planting of which is mostly driven by price. Corn and soy prices have been
going crazy as commodity the last few years which has pulled a lot more acres
back in to row crop production and out of forage production.  Quite visibly
there is a lot of highly erodible ground that has no business being with row
crops on it being farmed with corn and soy this year.  It is really obscene to
see what is happening and how fast the soil is going downhill.

About the markets, I called a buyer yesterday and he said there was more buzz
around this subject of GMO crop from his consumer buyers asking.  There is
starting to be an awareness of the problem.  GMO crop farmers well could be
left holding the bag by next winter.
-Buck