I have read that compatibility analysis is only for arranged marriages and if
two people are in love it is irrelevant.
Certainly there is much crappy (mis)use of Jyotish in the present time, I
suggest you read PVR Narasimha Rao to get some insight into the present
condition of Jyotish. Also Fairfield has a very good Jyotishi in David
Hawthorne who practices a form of Jyotish that adapts to how the planets are
really operating in the present time and does not take much of the orthodoxies
for granted. I have heard that he was highly praised by Maharishi when he heard
that he organized group program for people banned from the Dome!
There is someone posting in this group Jyotish "oriented" statements and I
would describe these posts as nearly psychotic gibberish with a very poor
understanding of Jyotish. Please do not judge Jyotish on the basis of such
garbage.