On 06/30/2013 11:01 PM, turquoiseb wrote:
> You can find out, and may soon.
>
> My brother just sent me an email that he got from Google,
> warning him that he has GPS tracking enabled on his iPhone
> and on his Gmail and Google Maps accounts. It contained
> a cool map of literally everywhere he'd been for the last
> two weeks, and was a fairly nice way of saying, "If you
> don't want the NSA and all of their subsidiary agencies
> knowing where you are 24/7, you might want to disable
> these features. His reaction to seeing it was, "I
> definitely don't get out enough."

GPS eats battery.  On Android phones you have have GPS access available
but it will only get used if the app needs it.  An icon will show that
it is on.  Given that a lot of Android users tend to launch apps and
never exit them I can imagine they may run around with their phone
getting satellite coordinates all the time then wondering what happened
to their battery life.

Of course all this chat about the NSA just makes people paranoid even
though the majority are "persons of dis-interest."  It still isn't right
for them to keep data on everyone's habits.  Problem is we the US not
only has a military industrial complex but  a prison industrial complex
which demands that the states provide X amount of prisoners for their
business to thrive.  So they are turning ordinary Americans into
criminals.  Obviously the prison industrial complex needs to be
abolished.  But such is life in a land where money is God.

And in case folks missed my links to Wired's "Codefellas" web series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHz7iYMqSZQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA_nM1k5B2g

Looks like a scandal brewing between the dirty old man Winters and the
young Nicole.