> IOW: As far as Xeno is concerned, there is no need for
> honesty or integrity. Just too damn much trouble.

I did not say there was no need for honesty or integrity. These are valuable
assets for civilisation. I said that from a particular point of view, which was
an interpretation of a religious point of view, were it to be the situation, I
asked a question 'Where does that leave us as far as honesty and integrity?
That is, if a religious point of view was essentially 'bad', 'corrupt'; that
the models of behavior presented (for example, to expand on this) the genocide
that YHWH perpetrates in the Bible, were they to be adopted by humans, honesty
and integrity would preumably fall by the wayside. The views on honesty and
integrity on FFL are widely divergent; personal attacks and the accusation that
so-and-so is a liar or lacks integrity are rampant. There does not seem to be a
judge and jury here, though some appear to want to take on that role.

The correlation of name and form might be invoked here. Suppose there was a
person 'X' concerning whom I felt displeasure. And then I thought and said I
would like this person to die, heartfelt and honestly. And then succeeded in
making that possibility an actuality. Now is that dishonest because I thought
said and did exactly what I intended? Does it lack integrity because the fact
was accomplished? Honesty has a dark twin, and integrity can cast a evil
shadow. Tyrants and petty offcials have this kind of integrity, but it is not
particularly suited to civilised life unless some very strong external
retraints can be applied to people who think this way.