 From: salyavin808 <fintlewoodle...@mail.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2013 6:31 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Brian May excited by these pics!?

> Salyavin, these photos are wonderful, thank you for posting. My favorite is
> Star Icefall in the Earth & Space category. I really like that they have
> categories. Thanks too for your more recent post about change in Sun's
> magnetic field.

It's a universe of wonders out there, and all of it was just waiting for
discovery. Weird to think that it was only a few hundred years ago
that we didn't even know what stars were or how far away they are,
let alone galaxies. All of a sudden our horizons stretched from a
cosy dome with a couple of other planets inside to infinity and all
the billions of other worlds out there.

Greenwich is a good museum for the history of astronomy and has a
fine selection of those old brass telescopes used by the pioneers. London is
obviously hopeless as an observation poin t now because
of the light pollution but it must have cool up on the hill at Greenwich in the
olden days. I haven't seen a proper starry sky
for years. Sigh...

> Hey, diverging onto another topic, I noticed that the photos are in a royal
> museum. I wonder what would happen to such places if the monarachy were to be
> abolished.

Maybe we could use the empty rooms for storing their heads?