> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808"  wrote:
> >
> > I hope that's not an argument from authority, probably
> > the least convincing way of winning an argument. All
> > of the ID crowd were "highly respected" PHDs, just not
> > any more, chortle.
>
> Isn't it fascinating that to some people who couldn't be
> considered philosophers in a million years, being *called*
> one confers some kind of noble and exalted status on the
> person being so named? As I see it, being a "philosopher"
> is kinda synonymous with "stuck in one's head."

Isn't it fascinating how often Barry makes himself look
ridiculous by completely misconstruing a conversation
because he's so eager to put one of his "enemies" down?

And my *goodness*, but he's ignorant. No--it's not *just*
ignorance in this case, it's limited intellect. He's
incapable of understanding philosophical thinking, has no
idea what it's about or what it's for, and hopes dissing
it and its practitioners will make him look wise and hip.

(Heh heh. So much for his great friend Curtis, eh, Edg?)

> It can also be a cover for much darker shit:

Oops, watch it, Barry. This is very much a pot-calling-the-
kettle-black area for you.

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/15/philosophy_has_a_sexual_harassment_problem/