On 08/23/2013 10:50 AM, Rick Archer wrote:

*From:*FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Alex Stanley
*Sent:* Friday, August 23, 2013 11:50 AM
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] Re: Eliminating the Ad hominem Post-count on FFL.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com>, "Rick Archer" <rick@... <mailto:rick@...>> wrote:

> If the general consensus is to do so, we'll do so after Alex has
> had his month's reprieve.

Perhaps, you missed it, Rick, but I made it clear in an earlier post that if you restore the posting limits, you will need to appoint another moderator to enforce it, i.e., keep track of overposters and shut off/restore posting privileges. I will continue to host the post count script on the crusty old Dell laptop, and I'll handle the usual subscriptions, spammers, files, etc. But, if you don't appoint another moderator, I will simply ignore any overposting.

As for who to appoint, IMO, the heavy users of the group should be the ones to handle enforcement of the posting limits.

Isn't that a bit like appointing the foxes to guard the hen house?

Correct. The "heavy users" seem to be impulsive. They post knee jerk reactions. Not a sign at all of the calmness that is supposed to be the result of practicing a meditation technique.