> Judy, I purposefully used very general language in my original
> post to include homosexuals and transgender individuals though
> probably neither the Theosophists nor Charlie were thinking of
> the latter when they spoke about this topic.

Right. And...? Remember that neither the Theosophists
nor Charlie had the benefit of the modern understanding
of homosexuality or of gender dysphoria.

> I think for both groups there is a difference between physical
> gender and psychological gender.

Not for homosexuals, as I said, unless they're also
transgender. It's actually a definitional issue.

There's lots and lots of material on the Web about
gender and sexuality issues of one sort or another if
you want to inform yourself.

And remember, there are also *bisexuals*.

As I've been saying, I don't think it makes any sense
to try to fit individuals into a karma/past lives
concept that was dreamed up in the absence of a
scientific understanding. It's just idle speculation
that does nobody any good and may do harm.