--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > Thinking about that thought, paraphrasing, "I just don't want
> > > to be oveshadowed" gets funnier and funnier the more it is
> > > contemplated and considered. Its like a perfect jeweled Russian
> > > egg, that cracks perfectly in four places to reveal itself.
> >
> > Might I suggest you're wildly overinterpreting it?
> > (Like Rory.)
>
> You are truly free to  suggest.
>
> May I suggest, that while you brought up the phrase in your post,
> that the phrase can also transcend your own particular situation.
> And in a more universal application of the phrase, (as I intended
> it, though perhaps not clearly expressed) it is funny to me. No
> interpretation involved. Its an authentic reaction to the phrase.

OK.  I think you're suggesting that it's something of
an infinite regress, that one can be overshadowed by
the desire not to be overshadowed.  But that's the
nature of the beast, part of why ignorance is so
sticky.

The point I was making to Rory, though, is that with
me it's not a matter of having some set of idealized
criteria for realization, i.e., what I expect
realization to be like; rather, my single criterion
for realization is *not* having the fundamental
criterion for ignorance.

I don't know what it's like to be realized; I do
know what it's like to be ignorant, in other words.