Akasha: :

Judy:

A:
> > > So, to clarify (my understanding), its not that you don't want
to be overshadowed (as in a permanent state of "overshadowment").
Its not that Awareness is not (never) present. Its that you
simply want to be overshadowed less often. That you want
Awareness to be Aware / present more often.
J:
> > Sure, preferably all the time, but I'll take
> > whatever I can get!
> >
> > I also find that the more often/longer Awareness
> > is "present," the more of a pain it is when it
> > "goes away."

J:
> Just out of curiosity, did you really have me pegged
> as someone who believes what you wrote in the first
> sentence of the paragraph at the top?

A:
I don't try to peg anyone. As you may know, from past convos, I try to
postpone pegging, evaluating or judging people util the last necessary
moment. I know that sounds like SimilAdvaita -- but its true, that is
my ethic as of late. And for a while. I postpone until I have to
decide on some action with regards to them pertinent to the evaluation
of them.

You may know in chain-suppy management and other business managment
specialties,  the last 20 years have been rocked by the concept of JIT
-- Just In Time -- often refering to inventory management -- meaning
the truck with more steel panels pulls up to the factory just as they
are using their last ones. Thus minimizing or eliminating inventory
costs -- which can be huge. Anyway, a digression to give some context
to JIT-Judgements. It keeps the  mind and nadis free of clogging
inventories of useless judgements.

But I was not really thinking of you when I said some appear to hold
that we meditate for 20-30 years and then one day, the room goes from
total darkness to total light.

I am not sure anyone really holds that position, but some statements
highly imply it at times. Apparenetly, possibly, unbeknownst to them
or their conscious acknowledgement. For example, some may wax
eloquently, and extensively on Consciousness and then imply, and
sometimes even emphatically state, that "but 'you' can't possibly
understand what I am talking about, and you can't posssibly speak
sensibly on the topic because, well, the experience of pure
consciousness has never dawned within you. And certainly it is not
there now. I am certain."

I mean, ones gotta bite their lip to keep from bursting out laughing
in their face.

Or others, pronounce as emphatically, that the experience of pure
consciousness could finally dawn if you just simply gave up believing
that its not there. Again, one just has to laugh -- though discretely.
Do they really expect you to accept the premise of the question --
that after 40 years of meditation, 2+ years of long rounding, lots of
pujas, one has no experience of PC? Its mind boggling that people can
.. well never mind.

What did puzzle me about you, are some of your recent statements about
not wanting to be overshadowed anymore. While it would be hard to
believe  that you never experienced PC in activity, I understand that
some may not connect "that thing" with PC. And to that extent, some
dialectic in the matter can be useful (I think). So I was seeking
clarification.

J:
> I ask because I've said in a number of posts that the
> longer I meditate, the less overshadowed I am.

I apologize, I dont always read all of your posts. (Mostly during
periods when its "you said, no you said" diologues. Sorry.) So I may
have inadvertently missed some good stuff.

> And certainly MMY teaches that it's a gradual process,
> so I'm not sure why any TMer would hold that belief.

Yes, it boggles the mind. But doesn't some of the diologue here seem
to imply it? Maybe its just me and I am missing some peoples points.