akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> To hold, as some appear to, that we meditate for 20-30 years and
> then one day, the room goes from total darkness to total light, is
> funny, in a charming way. So to the extent people keep insisting IT
> is already there, they are correct -- to a degree. It comes and
> goes. Or more corectly, though still inaccurately, we move into it,
> and then get bounced out.
Judy writes:
That's certainly been my experience.  And it's
definitely progressive, as you suggest later.
Tom T:
Jean Kline awoke in 1955 and continued till his death in the late
90's. From his book I AM page 83 para 3 " Enlightenment is
instantaneous but the mind becomes gradually clearer. The clarity of
the mind brings about a relaxation from old patterns, a freeing of
energy which in turn stimulates clearsightedness. It leads us toward
living free from all striving to attain something, free from the
tension brought about by waiting for something to happen, expectation."
The above seems to be the norm. The Byron Katies and the Eckhart
Tolles seem to be the exception rather than the norm. In looking back
I can agree that was the case for me. There was a moment that was way
out of time and something big had happened but I was not clear enough
to get it. Years later in clearness and clarity is was easy to see the
times IT had come to the foreground and then had slipped away because
it could not be clearly appreciated. Tom