Typical Tea Partier thinking on your part Mike. Why do you buy that bullshit? First off the problems that governments especially on state and city levels are having is due to promising their employees pensions at a full pay when they retire. No pensions are NOT SS but I would have assumed you would have gotten that and had been paying attention to the pensions promised during boom times to police and fire fighters as an example. I've read posts from people who got those pensions thinking it was nice to have but really not that necessary. In reality it turns out the governments can't pay them.

You know I don't like Obamacare either but for a different reason than you. It wound up being a big handout to the insurance bandits er companies. I wanted Single Payer just like other countries have. But nooooooo, we can't have that, it's "commooonism". There is no lack of stupid people in the US.

On 09/24/2013 06:05 AM, Mike Dixon wrote:
Not sure what you're talking about here. What 100% pension are you talking about? SS was never meant to be a *pension*, it's a supplement to whatever savings and pension you were supposed to have worked for while paying into SS. Divvy up jobs? Who's in charge of that and who decides who gets a job and who goes on *leisure pay*? No longer enough full time jobs? Maybe we should ask why and what we can do to create them and what we have done to diminish them. Obamacare is a good example of why we are having fewer full time jobs. Work thirty hours or more and your employer has to provide insurance which they may or may not be able to afford. When 10-20 million people cross our boarders illegally because *all they want is a job*, can we say there aren't enough jobs to go around? Oh, I know, some jobs are just below our *dignity*. I remember a day when taking public assistance was below our dignity. If someone thinks they are too good for a certain kind of job that is available, maybe they just aught to have their ego busted so they can see just how valuable they really are.

*From:* Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Monday, September 23, 2013 5:21 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] America the Beautiful
Nothing wrong with Social Security. But there is something wrong with foolishly promising people a pension that pays the same as when they were working. What were they smoking when they did that? it actually isn't feasible. Times were booming and the idiots you elected (regardless of the aisle they sat on) made those promises. The idea when you get older is you probably don't need and often want as much. You don't need a full pension.When there are no longer full time jobs for everyone then you have to divvy up the jobs. But that won't work for employers. So what are you going to do, Mike? Tell people to crawl away and die? You know how that will go down. They'll tell you to crawl away and die.On 09/23/2013 02:39 PM, Mike Dixon wrote:
We already have that *leisuresociety*. Ever heard of Social Security? You pay into it for many years and at a certain age you get to join that leisure society,. Get paid for not working. Many people don't even have to pay into it. Just have something wrong that prevents you from being able to work or just be the child of a parent that died and had paid into it. Heck, you can even be a single mother and have the government pay you to raise your kids. The government will find you a place to live , feed you and your kids, give you a phone, free medical care. There's an old saying, *if something is worth having, it's worth working for*. The work in this case is learning how to make do with a little.