You are making this way too complicated!

Why not just just set up a filter to block those you don't want to read? That way, you don't even see them and you could then get some work done at the office. If you set up some filters you'd only have one or two emails from FFL to read each day - it should only take about one minute to read one or two emails. Unless it's important for you to read what everyone else is saying.Go figure.

On 9/30/2013 7:32 AM, turquoiseb wrote:

> And lastly, as long as one is free to scroll past
> potentially offensive posts, how can domination
> occur in any significant way?

Turq's Monday Morning Free Clue To The Clueless

You think "free to." Others here think "have to."

It's a matter of signal-to-noise ratios. Taking last
Friday's Post Count as an example, there are more
than a few on the forum who would categorize 421
of the total 852 posts (49.4%) as noise.

That is, long experience has taught these people
that there is nothing to be gained from reading
any of these posts. Fortunately, as you say, we are
"free to" disregard them by scrolling past them.

But this means that in any given week we "have to"
scroll past easily half of all posts on the forum.
There comes a time when the desire for the occasional
gem of intelligence (signal) simply isn't worth it
any more because of the sheer bulk of the other posts
(noise).

Especially because the noise-posters don't seem to
be able (or willing) to control themselves. When
it's not invective and trolling, it's inanity such
as was described so well by s3raphita earlier:

> And bear in mind that a lot of the messages are
> simple thumbs up or thumbs down feedback, such as . . .
> "Outstanding post!"
> "Ha-ha!"
> "Thanks for that link"
> "Did you forget to take your medics today?"
> "You sir are a complete prat"
> "YAWN . . . "

Bottom line is that you're going to start seeing a
LOT of people bailing from FFL.

And it WON'T be because of Neo.

That, dear lady, is domination.