FWIW, Derren Brown portraits:

https://www.google.fi/search?q=derren+brown+portraits&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=XJOMUuFchMTiBM3KgLgE&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=630

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <cardemaister@...> wrote:

 NBD, but never occurred to me Derren could be gay, as he is...

 ---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
wrote:

 > I sometimes see this as it is after another show I watch when I can.
 I would give it a grade of B (using my subjective scale for network TV
 here in the States).

 "B" sounds about right. It wasn't great, but it was often well done and
 thought-provoking, especially the episodes that centered not on
 *whether* someone was lying, but *why*.

 > ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 > s3raphita@ wrote:
 >
 > Speaking of such things, did you ever get a US TV series called "Lie
 To Me" there in the UK?

 mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
wrote:

 > > Re "Derren definitely possesses unusual abilities":
 > >
 > > Yes, but not *psychic* abilities. He uses NLP trickery
 (eye-movement

s3raphita@ wrote:

 > > On the thread Judy referenced there's a cynical message by one
 > curtisdeltablues "It makes more sense that his NLP skills are
 instantly
 > effective and magical on strangers. Yeah that makes much more sense.
 How

 http://vimeo.com/46045821 http://vimeo.com/46045821 http://vimeo.com/46045821
http://vimeo.com/46045821

s3raphita@ wrote:

 > > Mind-control magician and skeptic Derren Brown takes his debunking
 > mission to America to show just how easy it is to dupe people into
 > believing impossible things before breakfast. He tried to convince
 five
 > leading figures that he had powers in their particular field of
 > expertise: Christian evangelism, alien abduction, psychic powers, New
 > Age theories and contacting the dead.
 > > The whole 50 minutes is a hoot but if you only take a peek check
 out
 > the segment from 13:11 where he demonstrates his power to convert
 > atheists with a touch. Derren is a friend and admirer of Richard
 Dawkins
 > - I'd love to see him do this to the Great Atheist.
 > >

 > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLbesxxKzcM
 > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLbesxxKzcM
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLbesxxKzcM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLbesxxKzcM
 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLbesxxKzcM
 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLbesxxKzcM
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLbesxxKzcM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLbesxxKzcM

 > It was on here but I missed it. Another one I never saw(!) was "The
 Mentalist" with Simon Baker which seems to mine similar territory. Would
 you recommend that one also?

 > I'm sure there are other similar series - looks like I've got a lot
 of viewing pleasure to look forward to.

 > (I hate being drip fed TV series' episodes once a week. If I see a
 series I like the look of I prefer waiting until it comes out on a DVD
 box set then I can glut myself.)