If you know the answer, why not just tell us where the TMer mantras come from and what they mean?

It is totally misleading to say that the TM mantras were "made up" by the fakir Mahesh, or "lifted" out of a book, or that the TM mantras are so much gibberish, meaningless non-sense syllables. Either put up, or shut up. Just be honest - if you don't know, just admit it and let's move on with the query.

At this point you're just a poser.

 to On 12/10/2013 11:07 PM, authfri...@yahoo.com wrote:

*This is all trolling, stuff Richard made up. If anyone here (except Xeno) takes Richard seriously enough to want a detailed refutation, let me know.*

*

*Richard trolled:*

Yeah, it's too bad we don't have free and accurate information here on FFL, what with some informants trying to obfuscate in the extreme, so we can't find out where the TM mantras really came from and what they really mean. This is supposed to be a spiritual help site where people can discuss spiritual paths and techniques in a truthful manner without rancor. If we could just get past the double-speak. Go figure.

"...the TM mantras are *not* the names of the Hindu gods. The Hindu gods have perfectly good names of their own."

Subject: Re: do you ever repeat your mantra when you are asleep and dreaming?
Author: Judy Stein
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: Sat, Dec 17 2005 1:22 pm

"Nor did I say the bijas weren't "nicknames" of the deities (whatever "nicknames" means in this context)."

From: authfriend
Subject: OMG: madhuauudana & definition of dhaaraNaa
Forum: Yahoo! FairfiedLife
Date: November 25, 2013 2:04 PM

ob·fus·cate

verb

verb: obfuscate; 3rd person present: obfuscates; past tense: obfuscated; past participle: obfuscated; gerund or present participle: obfuscating

1. render obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.

"the spelling changes will deform some familiar words and obfuscate their etymological origins"

synonyms: obscure, confuse, make unclear, blur, muddle, complicate, over-complicate, muddy, cloud, befog